Notice is hereby given that the 2020 AGM & Convention shall take place on Monday, August 3, 2020 beginning at 3:15pm. The AGM & Convention will be “virtual” due to concerns surrounding mass gatherings. However, organizers are taking all necessary steps to ensure participants are fully engaged and able to conduct Party business, to recognize outgoing Liberal Leader and Premier Dwight Ball, and celebrate the selection of the new Liberal Leader and Premier-Designate of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Items on the agenda include, but are not limited to:
- Commission AGMs
- Constitution and By-Laws Plenary Session
- Treasurer’s Report
- Presentation of Awards
- President’s Report
- Tribute to the Hon. Dwight Ball, Premier of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Remarks from the Hon. Dwight Ball, Premier of Newfoundland & Labrador
At 6pm, following the AGM & Convention, the new Leader of the Liberal Party of Newfoundland and Labrador shall be announced, and provided the opportunity to address residents of the province as Premier-Designate.
Below is a link to the Delegate Handbook. The Delegate Handbook is an important tool that will be referenced throughout the AGM & Convention. It includes important information including agendas; by-law amendments; and much more.
Below is a list of other important information for your review.
For more information, please contact the Liberal Party Office: (709) 754-1813 or email@example.com.
Executive Board Election of Officers
Nominations for the Executive Board have closed. Below is a summary of acclaimed and contested positions.
- President – Megan Reynolds
- Vice President – Steve Tessier
- Secretary – Keith White
- Treasurer – Ashley Power Stack
- Western Regional Director – Stelman Flynn
- East Central Regional Director – Roger Jamieson
- Avalon West Regional Director – Craig Williams
- Northern Regional Director – Randy Edmunds
- West Central Regional Director – Audrey Miller
- Avalon Central Regional Director – Angelica Hill
- Avalon East Regional Director – Bill Tapper
- Post-Secondary Representative – Jade Downey
- President, Women’s Liberal Commission – Margot Pitcher
- President, Commission of Young Liberals – Nathan Canning
- President, Seniors’ Liberal Commission
- Ron Dawe
- Tom Kendell
- President, Indigenous Liberal Commission
- John Finn
- Stephen Green
The AGM & Convention shall continue beyond August 3, 2020. Electronic voting for the Election of Candidates to an Office on the Executive Board shall commence at 10am on Monday, August 10 and conclude at 8pm on Wednesday, August 12.
Each qualified delegate shall be provided with a PIN. A PIN, a unique number for each qualified delegate, will be assigned prior to the Election and will be required to vote in the Election of Candidates to an Office on the Executive Board.
Votes shall be cast electronically, either be internet access (through a computer, tablet, smart phone or similar device) or by telephone.
The Co-Chairs shall announce the results of the Election of Officers by email to the Party membership on the evening of Wednesday, August 12 and upon such announcement shall officially serve as a motion to adjourn the AGM & Convention.